LSA and Tartu University is organising a joint webinar in celebration of European Statistics Day 2022. The webinar will be organised on October 20, 14.15-16.00. Webinar will be in English.
- 14.15 – Opening words, Meelis Käärik (Head of the Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Tartu)
- 14.20 – Sven Erik Ojavee (PhD student of statistical genetics at the University of Lausanne), Relevance of genetic risk and its estimation using age-at-diagnosis
- 14.45 – Liina Osila (Project manager of population census at Statistics Estonia), Estonian Population and Housing Census 2021
- 15.10 – A short introduction of the Latvian Statisticians’ Association, Prof. Biruta Sloka (Univesity of Latvia, President of the Latvian Statisticians’ Association)
- 15.20 – Assoc. Prof. Jānis Valeinis (University of Latvia), Statistical research at the University of Latvia
- 15.40 – Asst. Prof. Andrejs Ivanovs (Head of Statistics Department at Rīga Stradiņš University), The Statistics Unit at the Rīga Stradiņš University
We invite all LSA members and friends of statistics to join the event.
Meeting ID: 955 4712 7332